Sunday, October 16, 2011

Emotion

There is one thing that makes a picture truly amazing.  Sure beauty, creative poses, awesome locations play a huge part in making a picture great.  But, the one thing that really makes a picture speak to us is emotion.

Emotion: any of the feelings of joy, sorrow, fear, hate, love, etc.

As human beings, we feel emotion everyday.  Happy, sad, excited, discouraged, love, anger..the great part about being a photographer is that we get to capture these emotions with our cameras.  I don't know about you but when I look at a picture and the emotion displayed is sadness or sorrow, I feel that.  When the emotion displayed is joy and happiness, I smile.  It's a natural thing to be affected by other peoples emotions.  That's the neat thing about humans, we are very emotional creatures.

I love meeting new people, editing pictures, being creative during photoshoots, etc. but the one that I love the most is being able to capture the raw, unforced emotions of my subjects.  Here are some of my favorite photos that I've taken over the past year that show emotion..
















xo;
Brittney Hannon Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment